Thursday, June 30, 2022

Ready to start with part 2

When I started writing these blog posts, I did it primarily so my descendants could know a few paragraphs about each of their direct ancestors who lived in North America.  Although I am still far short of fulfilling that goal, I've come to a stop for the time being, with much more research needed before I can possibly write about anyone else.  

In writing these posts, I've been struck by how often our ancestors were involved, even if peripherally, in many historic events, and how their different cultural backgrounds affected their lives here.  I've also become more aware of the connections that developed within and between families.  To explore these ideas and to give more context to the original posts, I am planning to write more posts about the families of each of our known ancestors, telling more about their children, about additional marriages they may have had, and trying to get a feel for what it was like to live as a family unit in the communities where our ancestors lived.  

My goal at this point is to post on Fridays only, rather than twice a week, and to keep the posts short.  Although I don't document my posts with notes and references, I will continue to point out anything that I add without having found a reference for it, such as, in my first post scheduled for July 8, speculation about whether the Holbrook families stayed in Weymouth during King Philip's War.

I have no idea how many posts I'll be writing, as the Lord is in charge of that, but I will continue as long as I am able.  As always, I hope to hear from cousins, and from cousins of cousins, as I write these posts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't want to comment publicly? Feel free to email me: happygenealogydancingATgmailDOTcom. You can figure out what to do with the "AT" and the "DOT".