Friday, October 20, 2017

Harshbarger line: Done with the Withers family?

Tuesday I wrote a blog post about the end of the line, opportunities for discovery brick wall people in my husband's maternal grandmother's line.  Today I'm writing about the same sort of people in his paternal grandmother's line.  There aren't as many people that I'm missing, because my criteria is that I just want to get the family back across the ocean.  Many people in this line came to America in the 1730-1755 time period (a few earlier), so that doesn't include as many generations as did the Aldridge line. 

From what I can tell of the people I do know about, these folks were mostly from Germany and Switzerland.  I don't believe any of them were wealthy, or they would have left their footprints in the form of paperwork in more places than we can find them.  I envision them as being hard working, good folks, devout Christians whatever religion they were, and I'm proud that they are the ancestors of my children and grandchildren.

I just wish I could find some information about these missing people:

Elizabeth Miller, 1789-1869, married to Joseph Burkholder
possibly Adam Burkhalter and Anna Mellinger, born about 1700-1705  I'm not sure whether or not
     they came to America
possibly Johannes Gingerich and Anna G Sherk, about 1705-1771, again not sure if they came to
     Aneruca
Anna Margaret Conradt, wife of Johannes Conrad Reber, born about 1750
possibly Johann Gerber and Maria Gertraut Bener, born 1695-unsure if they came to America
Anna Maria Lauber born December 20, 1793 married Hans Jacob Kemmerli
Susanna, wife of Peter Shollenberger, born May 4, 1777 died November 11, 1849
Magdalena Kunkle born about 1725 married to Johann Caspar Schneer
Anna Eva Matte about 1700-abt 1772, wife of Wendel Essig
Joseph Withers born 1804 married to Mary Ann Gearhart born about 1812 (need parents for both of
      them)
Christina wife of Sebastian Kestenholtz, born about 1736
Christina Emmert born 1728, wife of Mathias Bruder
Mary Magdalea, wife of John Whetstone, November 1776 January 10, 1852
Anna Gerber wife of Jacob Maag  1703-1767
Adam Koch  and Catherine Drucker born 1735-died 1807 and 18817-need parents for both
Elizabeth Leitzee born about 1755, wife of Adam Koch Jr. 

That's only 21 people missing in this line, plus of course several generations of parents for some of them.  These, along with the list from Tuesday and several similar posts I'll be doing, will be my guideposts for researching in the future.  If I learn who these people, and their parents, are, I will be sharing, and I will be happy.  I would be delirious with joy if someone contacts me and helps me with any one of these folks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't want to comment publicly? Feel free to email me: happygenealogydancingATgmailDOTcom. You can figure out what to do with the "AT" and the "DOT".