Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Beeks line: Done with the Aldridge family?

I thought I'd make a list of all my dead ends/brick walls/opportunities to find for the Beeks family, and I started with Cleo Aldridge.  That list along gives me over 50 names to work, just for people here in the US or who may have come to America, since for some of these people I have no date or location for a death and their children were definitely here . Some are first names only, or unknown wives of so and so.  Their roots are in England, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and perhaps other places.  Some were born as recently as 1797, many of the Germans were born in the first half of the 1700's, and some go back to the earliest colonial times. 

Better genealogists, with more money or/and time than I have, have worked diligently to find these people.  That doesn't mean that I won't be successful on any of these remaining folks, but it does mean that new records will have to be made available, or I will have to learn more about existing old records, before I can make much progress, and before I can write any more posts in this line.  

This post, then, is a salute to the following people in the line of Gretta Cleo Aldridge Beeks, the anonymous people who made America, who lived good lives and raised the generations that raised the generation that eventually settled in Andrews, Indiana.  In no particular order, they are:

Anna, wife of Solomon Rees
Hugh Humphriey 1670-1748
Elizabeth Lowry, wife of Hugh Humphrey
Mary McMillan 1650-1699, wife of Evan ap Owen
Philip Price died  about 1720
Elinor Lloyd, wife of David Rees
Thomas Scattergood 1600-1697
Elinor Peers, wife of Samuel Burgess
Catherine Anne Kynge, wife of William Edward Moone
Mary Taylor, 1675-1772 wife of Thomas Butterfield
John Butterfield and wife
Elinor Lewis, wife of Price Rhys
Maria Salame, wife of Anthony Hallman born about 1675
William Booth, father of Charles Booth born about 1655???
Agnes Jevan, wife of Samuel Jones
Randall Malin 1649-1730 and Elizabeth his wife
Gerdrew, wife of George Jacob possibly born about 1680
Hans Peter (Von) Rubel 1684-1750 and Anna Katrina Mueller
Patience Wooten 1622-1710  wife of John Walter
William Holloway 1586-1655 and unknown wife
wife of George Allen, possibly Katherine Watts but maybe not
Thomas Smith, father of the John Smith who married Susanna Hinckley   Did he come to America?
Elizabeth Trull, 1585-1666, wife of John Pers
Elspeth, wife of John Thomas Bloomfield
Jeremiah Folsom, probably my most wanted of all on this list about 1797 to about 1831
Elizabeth, 1752-1836 wife of John William Teague
Peter Tague 1725-1797 and wife Elizabeth
Stryntje Jacobs 1620-1699
Francois Sohier 1595-1663
Elizabeth Drabbe, 1660-1724 wife of Joost De Baun
Jason Wheeler 1765-1843 and Patience, his wife, also very high on my most wanted list. 
Parnell Lakin, 1705-1761, wife of George III Fee
Rebecca Parnell 1636-1715, wife of George I Fee
Rebecca wife of William Jump born about 1635???
George Fee born 1650
wife of William Lee was she Ann Granger?  possibly born about 1675
William Lee also possibly born about 1675
Elizabeth Soper, 1747-1815, wife of Jacob Aldridge
Eleanor Watkins 1715-1761, wife of John Aldridge
Mary wife of John Purdy. possibly born about 1657
Nicholas Aldridge and wife Margaret, born about 1629-1632

Whew!  To look at this list, you would think that I've not found much at all on the Aldridge family.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  I've written many posts about this family and have been delighted to learn about all of them.  But a true blue family historian always wants more!  I will keep this list and work on it from time to time.  Maybe there are answers out there that I haven't yet found.  If so, I will be posting more brief sketches, as I find them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't want to comment publicly? Feel free to email me: happygenealogydancingATgmailDOTcom. You can figure out what to do with the "AT" and the "DOT".