Friday, March 20, 2015

Holbrook line: Oops! Not Anthony Eames?

I thought I was going to write this post about Anthony Eames.  There is a fine amount of information about him on line, and it was going to be a pretty good post.  But a funny thing happened on the way to writing this...I stumbled upon facts, documented facts.  And they don't support what it is in my file notes, as to the lines of descent.  I thought I had two lines, one through daughter Hannah who married William Ford, and one through son Robert who married Elizabeth.  Again, oops!

As it turns out, Hannah is not proven to be a daughter of Anthony, and Robert isn't even mentioned in the most authoritative sources I can find.  Both of these "children" are supposed to have been born in the right place at the right time, but records can't be found and there should be records, unless they were truly baptized somewhere away from their home, which can't be ruled out.  Sometimes parents took at least one of their children to be baptized in the home church of either their father or their mother. 

However, with documentation so lacking and so much unsearched and maybe unsearchable, I am not going to write a post about Anthony Eames now.  Instead, I'm going to look for records to see what can be proven.  If someone out there has worked on the Eames family, I'd love to hear from you. 

Here are the lines of SUPPOSED descent from Anthony.  Please don't take these as proven, because as far as I know, they are not.  

Anthony Eames-Margery Pierce
Robert Eames-Elizabeth
John Eames-Abigail Morgan
John Eames-Rachel Comstock
John Eames-Elizabeth Longbottom
Hannah Eames-James Lamphire
Susan Lamphire-Joseph Eddy
Susan Eddy-Hiram Stanard
Louis Stanard-Mary Alice Hetrick
Etta Stanard-Loren Holbrook
Gladys Holbrook-Richard Allen
Their descendents

Second Line
Anthony Eames-Margery Peirce
Hannah Eames-William Ford
Joanna Ford-John Rockwood
Joseph Rockwood-Mary Hayward
John Rockwood-Deborah Thayer
Joseph Rockwood-Alice Thompson
Levi Rockwood-Deborah Lazell
Susanna Rockwood-Nahum Holbrook
Joseph Holbrook-Mary Elizabeth Whittemore
Fremont Holbrook-Phoebe Brown
Loren Holbrook-Etta Stanard
Gladys Holbrook-Richard Allen
Their descendents

I sure would like to learn the parents of Hannah Eames who married William Ford and also the parents of Robert Eames who married Elizabeth, or to get documentation that they are the children of Anthony and Margery, so I can someday write the post I intended to write today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't want to comment publicly? Feel free to email me: happygenealogydancingATgmailDOTcom. You can figure out what to do with the "AT" and the "DOT".