Monday, February 2, 2015

Allen line: Bonus post George R Allen 1837-1915

Just to let relatives know:  As my birthday gift, I've ordered the Civil War military service records for George, and the pension records for his wife, which will include the pension records for George. I ordered them a week ago and it is supposed to take 4-6 weeks to get them.  I can hardly wait to get these papers, and if there's anything good in them, you can bet I'll be sure to share.

The main thing I'm hoping to find out is why George was discharged from the hospital and the army in January of 1863.  Was it an illness, or was it an injury?  I suspect it was illness, most likely dysentery, but we'll wait to see for sure.  I'm also hoping there is some biographical information to be found there, something unknown that may fill in some gaps or totally surprise me.

I'll keep you posted! 

Oops!  Updated to reflect George's correct birth date.  Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't want to comment publicly? Feel free to email me: happygenealogydancingATgmailDOTcom. You can figure out what to do with the "AT" and the "DOT".